Prof. B. Eswara Reddy M.Tech., Ph.D
Director of Research & Development
At a Glance | Brief Profile | Bio-Data | About Directorate
JNTUA is focusing on Research Programs and need based technology. Accordingly, an independent Research & Development (R&D) Cell has been established in the year 2010 to promote and monitor the research programs of the University. The Directorate administers all the research programs of the University by monitoring and coordinating the research programs. Research and Development Cell coordinates with the Directorate of Admissions for selection and admission of research scholars, and also interacts with Director of Evaluation for evaluation of Thesis. It conducts the research review meetings once in every three months to evaluate and monitor the research work progress of the scholars. The R & D Cell also recommends the sanction of research scholarships to scholars. After the evaluation part of the thesis, R & D Cell conducts viva-voce examinations for the award of the Ph.D. Degree in the faculties of Engineering, Science & Technology, Pharmacy, Management and Humanities & Social Sciences.
Aims and Policy: JNTUA aims at promotion of research culture in accordance with the academic standards, legal framework, good governance and ethical practices. Research policy provides guidelines on good and ethical practices in the conduct of research to achieve highest standards. The policy also focuses on utilizing the outcome of the research for the benefit of the society.
- To identify thrust areas, funding agencies, guiding and advising the University to go forward in research front.
- To guide the Departments to do research in thrust areas as identified by the national and international research organisations.
- To identify gap areas in industry and to create the awareness for the sponsored and industrial research.
- To work on any other research related activities as directed by the University.
- To promote scholarship/ fellowship schemes for researchers.
- In line with the National Educational Policy (NEP-2020) of achieving self-reliance in technology front.
- To monitor and evaluate the progress of various Research Centres under the administrative control of the University.
- To promote and facilitate collaborative and/or interdisciplinary research and enhancement of research networking capacity.
- To focus on utilization of resources and to gain research support for its stakeholders.
- To contribute to the University’s strategic educational and research missions and to support synergies between researches, teaching & learning and consultancy services.
- To promote and support high quality research in the area of Engineering, Science and Technology.
- To create research culture with ethical concern.
- To initiate anti- plagiarism policy to carry out of fair research.
- To frame guidelines for smooth conduction of research work.
- To integrate industry-oriented research facilities for academic community.
- To clarify the roles and functions of various committees, Director / Principal / Head /BOS Chairperson / DRC of the Department / Research Guide / Scholars in order to facilitate researcher to understand the university research system and smoothly undertakeresearch activities.
- Recognition of Research Centres by inviting applications from the affiliated colleges and conducting inspections through expert committees in every year.
- Discipline wise supervisors are prepared and scrutinized by senior subject experts by inviting applications every year from the eligible teachers of constituent and affiliated colleges.
- Assisting the University in fixing number of Ph.D seats in each discipline based on availability of vacancies of supervisors.
- Permitting the scholars for Pre-Ph.D course work offered at constituent/affiliated college’s research centres.
- Conducting Research Review Meetings for every quarter to monitor the progress of research work of the scholars.
- Arranging guide interaction programs for fresh research scholars.
- Conducting Pre-Submission Seminars/Colloquium for the scholars who are ready for submission.
- Checking the Thesis of the scholars for similarity with plagiarism tool before submission.
- After evaluation of the thesis, arranging Viva-Voce examinations in the respective Departments.
- Uploading the Ph.D Thesis into SHODHGANGA INFLIBNET portal after Viva Voce examination
- Collecting prescribed tuition fee from the scholars and recommending the scholarships to eligible scholars.